This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jeff Drumm 8 months ago.

Disable a Channel

• Let’s say I want to work on a channel, but I don’t want to started accidentally (by me, someone else, or a reboot).

Is there a way to Disable a channel, but still have it available to work on? Like a ‘Template’

Not talking about the Auto Start. Something that would take more intentional action to get it started.

Thanks!

Steve Ela
    Macro Helix / McKesson
    Software Developer / Integration Lead / Scrum Master

Well, it looks like iFW’s forum software ate my post again, but fortunately I copied it before saving it. So hopefully it will let me create a new reply, with the auto-moderated-into-the-cornfield post block-quoted:

There’s no specific way to disable a channel. There are any number of ways to configure a channel such that starting/stopping it can’t affect external applications, but there’s no one-size-fits-all solution.

A couple of options to think about:

• Creating/templating channels under an account with a role permissions that do not include start/stop channel
    • Sandboxing a separate instance of Iguana such that it has no access to external systems

Note that the translator editor does execute the code you write while you’re writing it (unless you have annotations disabled), so things like database and web service operations have the potential to impact external systems even if you have no permission to start/stop channels. It’s important to use Iguana’s built-in methods that have the “live” argument judiciously. For example, most database methods can be used with a “live=false” argument that takes the CUD operations out of CRUD.

Jeff Drumm ◊ VP and COO ◊ HICG, LLC. ◊ http://www.hicgrp.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.