The Fleet Manager is a tool for Iguana Enterprise which is designed to help you manage all of your Iguana instances from one central location. For more information on the Iguana Enterprise package, contact your account manager or visit our Iguana Packages page.
The architecture of Fleet Manager is simple it uses a web frontend and a backend server that stores data in a PostgreSQL database.
The Fleet Manager interface two major components:
- The Fleet Manager Dashboard, which displays information on the monitored servers
- The Universal Log Viewer, which displays the logs for the monitored servers
How Fleet Manager works [top]
The architecture of Fleet Manager is simple it uses a web frontend and a backend server that stores data in a postgres database.
- Fleet manager connects to existing Iguana instances, and imports logs into a central PostgreSQL database
- Once logs are stored in the database they can be viewed in the Fleet Manager web frontend
- Fleet Manager pulls data from Iguana logs via API webservice calls to the connected Iguana instances
- How Fleet Manager uses PostgreSQL:
- The imported Iguana logs and system information is stored, safely and securely, in a PostgreSQL database
- PostgreSQL is included in the Fleet Manager install
- PostgreSQL runs as a service and can be managed separately if needed
- Fleet Manager will start PostgreSQL on start up if it is not running
More on Iguana 6.1 [top]