If your channel the legacy From Database or To Database component, then you can create database tables using the Export feature in the Tables tab.
Export feature works slightly differently for From and To Database components:
- From Database: One database table is created for each table that you defined in your VMD file, and one status table is created for each message definition in your VMD file
- To Database: One database table is created for each table that you defined in your VMD file (no status tables are created)
Warning! Potential data loss!
If your target database has existing tables with the same names, these tables will be replaced by the exported tables. Any data in the existing tables will be lost.
To export the database tables:
- Go to the Tables tab and click on one of the following buttons:
- Export Source Tables: to create the database tables for the source component.
- Export Destination Tables: to create the tables for the destination component.
- Export Source and Destination Tables: to create tables for both components.
- The SQL table creation script is displayed for review, click Confirm Table Export to export the tables
- An export confirmation screen appears, click Return to Channel Details.