Exporting the Logs
Use export to save a copy of the log messages that are being displayed in the Logs window.
Note: You can export only the log messages that you have permission to view. See Roles for more information on roles and permissions in Iguana.
To export the log messages:
- Use the Search Criteria panel to search for the log messages that you want to export.
For more information, see Searching the Logs.
- Click the Logs tab to display the log messages.
- Click the [+] button next to the Export heading to display the Export panel:
- Selected the format for saving the log messages:
Option Description One entry per line Save as one log message per line. Only the text of the log message is provided.Note: Use this option to export messages into a text file for use with the HL7 Simulator. An annotated text file Save as a text file. With each log message, provide information about the log message type, the source of the message, and the time that it was generated. A CSV file Save as a CSV file (a file in which entries are separated by commas). Each entry in the CSV file includes information about the log message type, the source of the message, and the time that it was generated.
- Select Related messages to export all messages that are related to the messages you have selected. For example, if you have searched for errors and are exporting them, you can use Related messages to export the messages that generated the errors. (You will not be able to select Related Messages if you are exporting a log message type that does not have related messages, such as Informational.)
- Choose how to export the messages:
- Export: Save messages to a file.
- Export to Translator: Append messages to the Sample Data in a specified translator.
- Bookmark Export: Create a bookmark to repeat the Export.
Tip: The Bookmark Export option can be very useful, because it bookmarks the actual query not just a static result.
For example: To periodically view the Lab messages for a Channel, you can bookmark the export. And each time you use the bookmark any new Lab messages will also be included.
Using the Log Query API [top]
The Log Query API is implemented as a RESTful HTTP API, which itself is quite straightforward to access from Lua. This API is basically an “undocumented feature”, though it stable because it is a part of the Iguana core implementation. See this tip from Eliot for more information.
Note: We also supply this API object in C# and other languages (Iguana 4 documentation).
URL message links and message IDs [top]
From the Logs window, you can obtain a direct link to any log message that is stored in the logs. This direct link includes a message log ID that uniquely identifies this log message.
To obtain a direct link to a log message:
- From Iguana, click the Logs tab.
- In the logs, locate the log message for which you want to obtain a direct link, and click it. Detailed information on the log message is displayed:
- Click to display the link URL:
Note: The refid in the URL is set to the message log ID, to uniquely identify the log message.