Manage Channel Groups.
Permissions and notification rules can be managed more effectively using groups of channels. Use Channel Groups to organize your channels, very useful when you have a large number of channels.
From here you can:
- Click Add Channel Group to create a group
- Click Edit to modify a group
- Click Remove to delete a group
- Click the drop-down arrow to show the channels in a group
So how exactly can I organize things with Channel Groups?
- Limit user access to one or more Channel Groups, using Roles
- Define email rules for a Channel Group, using Monitoring
- Check the Channel Group Permissions summary
Tip: Use dashboard tooltips to see the groups for a channel:
Create or Modify a Channel Group [top]
Click Add Channel Group to create a group or Edit to modify a group.
To Create a new Channel Group:
- Enter the Name and Description
- Select the Channels to include in the group
- The single arrow moves one or more selected channels
- The double arrow moves all channels
- Press Add Group
To Modify an existing Channel Group:
- Modify Name, Description or Included Channels
- Press the Save Changes
Tip: Use the search box to filter the channel list (you can even use regular expressions):
Permissions summary [top]
This page shows use the Channel Group Permissions to apply commonly required levels of access. The rights granted only apply to channels that the user can see from their assigned Channel Groups.
Access granted by single permissions:
|Permission||Basic Tasks||Edit Settings||Start/Stop Channels||View Logs||Export Logs||Use Translator IDE|
Note: “Basic Tasks” allows you to:
- View Channels
- View error and information messages in the log, and export them to a file
- Change dashboard column settings
“Extra” access granted by combined permissions:
|Permissions||Mark/Unmark errors in the logs||Export log messages to the Iguana Editor|
|Edit + View Logs||X|
|Edit + View Logs + Export Logs||X||X|