This can occur when you are installing multiple instances of Iguana on a single machine (particularly for the first time). There is no need for concern this is very easy to fix!
How to recover from overwriting your default Iguana Service install during a manual install.
It’s possible that you might make this mistake:
- Your default Iguana instance is usually installed in “C:\Program Files\iNTERFACEWARE\Iguana”:
- You accidentally overwrite the default service entry when doing a manual installation of Iguana:
- Now you will see a single Iguana service using the default name iNTERFACEWARE Iguana — but it is your new server installation:
- As we said earlier this is very easy to fix:
To recover the Windows Service for the original Iguana Server:
- Open a command prompt.
- Use the
cdcommand to change to the install directory of your original installation:
- Run the
- Now you will see a single Iguana service using the default name iNTERFACEWARE Iguana — but will be your original server installation.
The last thing you need to do is create the service for the new Iguana install:
- Use the command prompt to
cdback into the directory of your new manually installed Iguana.
- Edit the iguana_service.hdf file to change the service name to something different from the original install.
- Register it as a service using
- Now you will see a two Iguana services one is the original and the other is your new install:
How it Works [top]
If you do a manual install and do not update the service_name in the iguana_service.hdf file, then you will create a service using the default service name iNTERFACEWARE Iguana. If you already have an Iguana service that uses the same name (usually from accepting the defaults when using the automatic installer) then it will be overwritten.
Fixing the problem simply involves re-installing the original service — hence overwriting the “new” service with one using the original credentials. Then you also need to create a new service of a different name for your new installation (by following the steps described in the previous section).