If you are running a Mac with a recent version of macOS, you may experience Iguana running slowly or hanging. This issue is usually caused by an issue with host name on a standalone Mac.
Iguana runs slowly or hangs
- Check the hostname being reported for the Computer:
- Run the following command using terminal:
- If the hostname has “.local” appended to the name (“local” domain), like “mycomputer.local”:
- Then run this terminal command:
- For “mycomputer.local” you would run the command:
- Alternatively: Upgrade to Iguana version 6.1 or higher.
Using Iguana version 6.1 or higher should prevent this issue.