The Immutable Constant module allows you to emulate STATIC CONSTANTS.
Lua does not support constants — so this module will raise an error if a programmer (accidentally) tries to update a variable that is designated as a STATIC CONSTANT.
Using the Code [top]
- Import the Immutable Constant Example channel from the Interfaceware Support repository
- Review the main.lua and see how ConstantConfigs module is used in the Main function.
This is the github code for the main module:
How it works [top]
In Main.Lua above:
- Line 2: Imports constants module
- Line 6: Uses LEFT constants
- Line 9: Trying to overwrite LEFT constants throws an error in ConstantConfigs.lua
- Line 1 – 9: Readonly function to prevent programmers from updating the constants
- Line 12 – 16: Defines constant variables