This page provides links to various resources to help you learn Lua programming.
There are three useful pages in the Knowledge Base:
- Lua Basics: Start here:
This page demonstrates basic Lua programming, like: strings, tables, loops etc.
- Scripting Best Practices: Recommended coding standards:
This page shows our recommended best practices for coding with Lua — these are based on what we have learned over many years using Lua.
- Eliot’s Tips and Tricks: Advanced programming tips:
Tips from our CEOs experience of learning Lua, it describes the surprises and differences he found compared to other languages.
These are some useful online references:
- The First Edition of Programming in Lua is free online:
This is an invaluable reference for advanced Lua topics. There are also later versions — you can buy version 4 as a paperback or an ebook.
- Reference manual for Lua 4.0 the official reference manual.
- There are many other useful online resources for Lua — just use your favourite search engine.