This channel strips unprintable characters (\128 to \255) out of a string. Some applications have trouble with unprintable characters, removing from the text can be a solution.
Using the Code [top]
- Import the Strip Unprintable Characters channel from the Builtin: Iguana Tools repository
- Experiment with the code to find out how it works
- Then add the module to your Translator project
- Copy the require statement from the channel and add it at the top of your script
Note: This module uses require to return a single function
- Adapt the code to your own requirements
- Use the returned Strip
()function (or whatever you named it) to remove unprintable characters
- Interactive scripting help is included for this module
This is the github code for the main module:
How it works [top]
First we create a string
BadString which contains some unprintable characters. Then we use Strip() to strip out the unprintable characters.