What’s new in 5.6.6
- The Sample Data Editor handles line endings elegantly when cutting and pasting
- Several other bug fixes, and one other change
- To see the complete list of changes, feel free to browse the Iguana change log
- IDE features for programmers: Support for editing file types other than Lua
- What is the Iguana Translator: Editor
The Sample Data Editor handles line endings elegantly when cutting and pasting [top]
When you paste clipboard data into the Editor the line ending will be displayed as escaped characters (“\r”, “\n” or “\r\n”). If you are using a text editor you also type in “hard-coded” line endings, if this is done they will be used instead.
Here are both scenarios in a text editor:
When the text is pasted into the Editor the on a Mac the “hard-coded” line endings are retained, and “\n” is used for the other lines:
Note : If you pasted this into the Sample Data Editor on a Windows machine the default endings would “\r\n”.