Renewing your Chameleon registration is very similar to renewing an Iguana registration. You need to find the Chameleon Machine ID and use it to get a new registration code, either through your Members Account or by emailing our support team.
How to renew your Chameleon Registration.
- Find Your Chameleon Machine ID:
- In Chameleon, click Help > About
- The About iNTERFACEWARE Chameleon window appears.
- The Machine ID should be visible, something like this:
Note: If you cannot see Machine ID, then you are probably running an older version of Chameleon.
In such cases, use the command line option below instead.
- Alternatively open a Windows command prompt “cmd” or powershell window:
- Type msgtransform –version to display the Machine ID and version number:
C:\> msgtransform --version Machine Id: LCOMNEBDMA Current Locale: C Engine Version: 6.1 Build: 2 Beta
- Register Chameleon:
- Login to your members account and activate a new Chameleon license – using the Machine ID from the previous step.
- Alternatively email support at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Machine ID and request a registration code.
- Paste your registration code into Registration Code field.
- In the Expiry Date field, select the correct expiry date for your license.
NOTE: If the date does not match the key, the registration will fail.
- Click the Ok button.