The procedure for moving an Iguana installation from one server to another is simple: With Iguana stopped, copy the working directory, excluding a few files (that Iguana will generate on startup). After copying the directory you will need to update the iguana_service.hdf file to point to the new working directory, and finally you will need to activate or transfer a license for the Iguana server.
This process is almost identical to steps in the Solution section of the How to move or copy the Iguana working directory FAQ. The only difference is you will also need to create an Iguana instance on the target server that will use the copied working directory.
Steps to Move an Iguana Server:
- Create an Iguana instance on the target machine:
- Move the Iguana working directory:
- Follow the first five steps in the Solution steps of the “How to move or copy the Iguana working directory” FAQ.
- Update the the iguana_service.hdf file.
- Update the the iguana_service.hdf file in the install directory of the Iguana instance you created in step one.
- Follow the instructions in step (6) of the Solution steps to update the iguana_service.hdf file.
- You will need to use your members account to activate or transfer a license.