x12_5010.vmd and X12_4010.vmd
Template VMDs for X12 versions 4010 and 5010, use to create custom X12 VMDs by importing only the transactions you need
These template X12 VMD files contain all the requirements from the respective X12 HIPAA Transaction and Code Set Standards. These files are very complex so we do not recommend using them in your projects, the best practice is to use only the subset (of transactions) that you require.
How to use theX12 VMD template files:
- Choose the appropriate template
- Use Chameleon to create a new (empty) VMD file
- Save it with a meaningful name
- Import only the transaction(s) you need
- Remove any grammar segments you don’t need
- Test your new VMD
See HL7 to X12: Creating X12 VMDs for more information.
Our documentation contains various X12 examples that use “template subsets”: