Send Sample Data
Open the HL7 Simulator application
- The simulator comes standard with every install of Chameleon
- Typically found in the local install path
- e.g. “x:\Program Files\iNTERFACEWARE\Chameleon\”
- Or from the programs menu:
- Or simply type Simulator from the command line
Download the sample_data.txt set of sample messages
Configure the simulator carefully:
Pay careful attention to the areas marked in red. This is the list of settings:
|Message File||sample_data.txt – the one downloaded from this page.|
|Treat any incoming message as an ACK||Checked|
|Keep sending messages when an ACK is received.||Checked|
|Stop sending messages at end of file||Checked – means we stop at 284 and don’t go into a loop.|
Tip: The HL7 Simulator does not run on the Mac, but you can easily send messages from a Windows machine, simply enter the network address or network name of the target machine in the Host field. For example, when running the Simulator in a Parallels VM, just use the IP address for the Mac (from advanced network setting in system preferences).
The simulator should chug through 284 messages into your Iguana instance.